Here are a few things to prepare for our New Moon Despacho as we gather as a virtual community to harmonize and integrate our Sacred Feminine and Sacred Masculine. We ceremonially offer our intentions to bring Sacred Union to heart and mind and plant the seeds of self love so our actions may be informed from our deep knowing and our life may shape itself from the deepest expressions of our heart. There are a number of ways to participate depending on your time and what calls to you.
Here are some things you may need depending on your level of participation:
- 16 bay leaves, small native leaves or flower petals to make 4 qintus (Read more about qintus on How A Shaman Prays)
- Fine Sea Salt for Purification
- Seeds for Planting
- Potted Soil, Garden or Mother Earth
- Candle for Creating Sacred Space
Before coming to ceremony, you want to create time and space that feels sacred for you. This is a personal experience so whatever prayers or rituals you have will work. If you have not created sacred space or come to ceremony before, offer a prayer of thanks to the Earth. Reflect on all the blessings the Earth provides in your life. Lighting a candle is a simple way to enter into ceremony. We transition from our ordinary routine and shift to a space that feels sacred.
Another practice that helps prepare us for ceremony is purification. A simple purification ritual can be created by rubbing your dry hands together with fine sea salt holding the intention of clearing any negativity from your heart. Continue until you feel your hands are clean and clear. As our hands are energetic extensions of our heart, cleansing in this way helps clear our heart. Purification practices are believed to make the heart more pure, empowering the strength of our prayers and intentions. Smudging, floral waters and incense can also be part of a purification ritual.
Once you have created sacred space and performed a purification ritual, take a moment to turn your attention inward. Bring both hands together over your heart center (middle of your chest). Close your eyes. Breathe into your heart. Let your attention rest here as you hold the intention of bringing together in sacred union the highest expression of your Sacred Feminine and Sacred Masculine essence. This is a union of heart and mind.
What is the highest manifest vision of your heart?
What does a heart full in self love feel like?
What might your walk in the world look like if your actions were informed by the highest expression of your heart?
This is what you will offer in ceremony, surrendering your intent to Spirit.
There are a number of ways to participate so notice what calls to you:
- If you have joined ceremony at the event page on facebook or through the blog, a qintu with your name is offered to the despacho with the intention of creating a Sacred Union of our Divine Feminine and Masculine essence to rebalance heart and mind and plant the seeds of self love.
- A picture of the despacho will be posted into which you can blow in your own personal intentions with your exhale, sending them into the image of the despacho with your breath and intent.
- You may blow your intentions into 4 qintus which are then buried or burned.
- You may print a copy of the despacho to hold qintus and make a despacho of your own. Place your qintus in a meaningful arrangement and add offerings such as incense, sage, tobacco, herbs, flower petals, grains, sweets or dried fruits to energetically feed your prayers. Fold your despacho into a square and tie closed with ribbon, twine or string. Do not turn your despacho over or shake in order to keep your intentions undisturbed. Your despacho is then burned or buried.
- You can blow your personal intentions and seeds of self love into seeds which are planted in potted soil, a garden or somewhere on the Earth.
The Despacho will be available and open for ceremony for 3 days starting on February 2oth, the day before the New Moon at 7:30 pm EST, until February 22nd at 7:30 am EST when it will be offered in a fire ceremony. You can participate during any of these times. The Despacho will be anchored by the kuyas (stones) of my mesa received during rites and initiations from Shamans in the mountains of Peru.
Please share any comments or questions that arise as we create a collective intent to energize and empower our becoming as we step into ceremony.
AHO my friends! AHO!